Principia sgr is well ahead with the fundraising of its Principia III Fund focused on the healthcare sector (see here a previous post by BeBeez), investing both in stratup companies and SMEs. But the Italian private equity firm is preparing the launch of its Principia IV Fund already which will target startup and SMEs in the fashion and design sectors, MF Milano Finanza writes today.
Principia sgr’s ceo Antono Falcone told the newspaper that “the new fund will be launched by next Q1 2016 with a fundraising target of As for Principia III Fund, last July it had reached 185 million euros in committement and it is expected to reach more than 200 million euros by next January. The fundraising will be closed by the end of H1 2016 with a final target of 250-300 million euros.
Principia sgr used to be a venture capital firm focused on startup companies but last Spring it changed its approach to investments and decided it is going to deploy about 70% of its dry powder in SMEs capital for growth and the remaining 30% in seed investments.
The change in the investment approach happened together with the news that Humphrey Julian Nokes is a new shareholder in the Italian venture capital firm with a 35.4% stake”. Other shareholders in Principia sgr’s capital are Falcone himself (17.6%), CNR (27%), BNC (17%) and other managers of the firm (see here a previous post by BeBeez).