REDWOOD CITY, Calif. & DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–MariaDB plc (NYSE: MRDB) today announced its financial results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2023, which ended June 30, 2023.
“We drove strong 22% year-over-year revenue growth in the third quarter, which is consistent with our revenue growth rate over the last few years,” said Paul O’Brien, CEO at MariaDB plc. “While we are growing at a steady pace, we have also demonstrated restraint on spending thanks to a company wide effort. Looking ahead, we are excited to leverage five years of foundational Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) experience to build new AI/ML database features that will allow customers to predict, classify and even communicate with the database in bespoke ways tailored to specific business needs.”
Third Quarter Fiscal 2023 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Total revenue was $13.0 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2023, an increase of 22% year-over-year.
- Annual recurring revenue (ARR): Total ARR as of June 30, 2023 was $55.0 million, an increase of 14% year-over-year.
- Gross profit: Gross profit was $9.4 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2023, representing a 72% gross margin compared to 65% in the year-ago period.
- Loss from operations: Loss from operations was $12.2 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2023, compared to a loss of $13.1 million in the year-ago period.
- Net loss: Net loss was $9.7 million, or $0.14 per share, for the third quarter of fiscal 2023. This compared to a net loss of $9.6 million, or $0.69 per share, in the year-ago period.